Another woman who claims to be a victim of sexually transgressive behavior by former Voice band leader Jeroen Rietbergen goes to the police. Let her lawyer know. The woman was not a participant in The Voice of Holland, but knew Rietbergen “through the music world”. Due to all the commotion that has arisen after the broadcast of ANGRY she still wants to tell her story.
According to her, the woman received sexually explicit messages and photos of Rietbergen, among other things. According to lawyer Sébas Diekstra, she also reports a serious sexual offense. Diekstra does not say what kind of sexual offense it is.
He says that his client hopes that other victims will also dare to go to the police. “What she wants is that no more victims can be made,” said the lawyer.
His client wants to remain anonymous for the time being, but she does not rule out that she will go public later. He also puts the woman in contact with the vice squad. Old-voicecandidate Nienke Wijnhoven also announced a complaint against Rietbergen.
On Thursday, the BNNVARA program posted ANGRY an episode on YouTube about transgressive behavior at The Voice of Holland. Nineteen women, including former participants and former employees, said that they had been confronted with misconduct by Rietbergen in the past. In the days before the broadcast, he acknowledged that he had had relationships “of a sexual nature” with women who were involved in the program.
Ali B and Marco Borsato
Fifteen women also told their stories about a director of The Voice and two charges were made against coach Ali B. One of them is for rape. Reports have also been made about former coach Marco Borsato.
The Voice of Holland has since disappeared from the tube and is no longer on the Videoland streaming service. Also The Voice Kids and The Voice Senior have been discontinued indefinitely.