Cute Easter Buns – Easter figurines for Easter
Easter Buns – Bake Easter figurines yourself for an Easter meal or Easter breakfast. Tasty, festive and also decorative Easter buns, in the shape of an Easter doll holding an Easter egg. Tasty sandwiches to bake yourself, to craft, easy and fun to make. In this article the ingredients for the sandwiches, the recipe and an example or illustration of the Easter bread doll. A creative craft idea for children and the family to make and bake together at home for Easter.
Nice Easter Buns – Make and bake Easter dolls yourself
These decorative bread Easter dolls can be decorated with an egg and are great for a festive Easter breakfast. Because they are not sweetened, they can also be used with an evening meal, dinner, lunch, brunch or a hearty sandwich meal. An alternative to the fried egg is to replace this egg after baking with a painted Easter egg or a soft-boiled egg. However, this must be taken into account in advance and the arms of dough should not be draped too far over the egg before baking, otherwise they will break or break off. In this case the egg can act as a kind of “mold in the belly” used, where something else can be inserted later.
Easter bread dolls Yeast dough
Use ready-made bread dough
You can of course make these Easter bread dolls from ready-made bread dough (yeast dough) that you only need to dilute with water. In that case you will be done faster. If you want to make the dough from scratch, below is the preparation time and recipe for making yeast dough.
Make your own yeast bread dough
- Preparation approx. 45 minutes
- Rising of the dough approx. 70 minutes
- Baking time approx. 10 minutes
Ingredients Dough Easter bread figures
The recipe below is suitable for 8 Easter bread dolls.
Ingredients Bread dough figures
- 40 grams of fresh yeast
- 2 decilitres of lukewarm milk
- 450 grams of wheat flour (+ some extra for processing)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 50 grams of soft butter
Additional Requirements Finishing
- 8 medium eggs
- raisins for garnish (the eyes)
- 1 egg for brushing the dough
In Cooking Measurements & Weights you can find other units of measure.
Bread dough Easter bread dolls – How do you make the bread figure?
1. Crumble the yeast in a mixing bowl and stir until smooth with the milk. Add the sifted flour, salt and butter to the yeast mixture and knead into a smooth dough. Cover and let it rise for about 40 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, clean the eggs with a damp cloth. Prick an air hole at the bottom of the egg with a pin.
3. Knead the dough again on a floured counter or board. Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces. Form an approx. 15 cm long roll of each piece and flatten it a little.
4. Cut each piece at the bottom for the legs about 5 cm. Make approx. 3 cm deep cuts on the sides for the arms. Shape the head from the top and press two raisins into the head in front of the eyes.
5. Place the bread dough doll on a baking tray covered with baking paper. Place an egg on the belly of each doll and fold the arms around it. Press the ends of the arms together. Cover and let it rise for about 30 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 230 ° C (see corresponding oven settings in numbers).
7. Beat the egg and brush the bread dough dolls with it. Place the baking tray in the middle of the oven and let the bread dolls bake for about 10 minutes, until they are golden brown in color (or to taste).
The number of calories per bread doll is approximately 360 kcal.
Have fun making the Easter bread dolls, tasty food and happy Easter!