Delicious desserts with apple
Apple crumble, baked apple with ice cream and apple dumplings are easy to make recipes that are no less than a delicious apple pie. However, they are ready a lot faster! You can use it as a dessert or as a tasty snack. You will do yourself and your guests a big favor with these delicious apple recipes.
Apple crumble dessert
- 1 kilo of apples; preferably gold rennets
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 200 grams of cane sugar
- 50 grams of oatmeal
- 150 grams of flour
- 150 grams of cold butter
- Greased a baking dish measuring 20 by 30 centimeters with butter
- About preheating to 200 degrees.
- Apples: Peel the apples, remove the core and cut the apples into small pieces. Put the pieces in a bowl and add 100 grams of sugar and the cinnamon. Turn this over.
- Crumb: Put the flour, 100 grams of sugar, the oatmeal, the butter and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Cut the butter into small pieces with two knives. Knead the mixture quickly with cool hands into a crumbly dough. This is best done by rubbing the butter through the ingredients with your fingertips.
- In the oven: Put the apple in the baking dish. Sprinkle the crumb evenly over the apple. Place the baking dish in the center of the oven and let it bake until the crumb is golden brown.
- To serve: Serve the apple crumble warm in a small bowl.
- Add raisins, almonds or caramelized nuts to the apple.
- Take butter instead of regular butter.
- If you want to make the dessert extra healthy, you can use whole wheat flour instead of flour or add bran to the flour.
- Add (warm) vanilla custard when serving.
- If you want the apple a bit smoother, you can add a little water (max. 50 ml) to the apple in the baking dish.
A quarter of this dish is a generous portion. Per serving contains apple crumb
- 770 kilocalories
- 7 grams of protein
- 32 grams of fat
- 114 grams of carbohydrates
Baked apple with cinnamon ice cream
- 4 apples; for example Elstar
- 50 grams of dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 25 grams of butter
- Shallow baking dish greased with butter
- About preheating to 175 degrees.
- Apples: Wash the 4 apples, dry them, cut them in half and remove the core. Divide the apple halves over the baking dish with the convex sides down.
- Sugar: Mix the sugar with the cinnamon. Sprinkle the cut surface of the apples with the cinnamon sugar
- Butter: Cut the 25 grams of butter into small pieces. Divide the pieces over the apples
- In the oven: bake the apples in the oven for about 30 minutes. Regularly baste them with the released moisture in between.
- To serve: Serve the warm apples with cinnamon ice cream
Stuffed apple dumplings
- 4 small apples; for example Jonagold
- 1 lemon
- 100 grams of almond paste; a pack of Baukje is 300 grams
- 1 beaten egg
- 4 packets of puff pastry thawed
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- Apple corer
- Baking paper and baking tray
- Rolling pin with flour
- About preheating to 200 degrees
- Apples: Peel the apples and remove the cores with the apple corer
- Lemon: clean the lemon well and finely grate the zest.
- Food: mash the almond paste with the lemon zest and half of the egg in a deep plate. Fill the apples with food.
- puff pastry: sprinkle the work surface and the rolling pin with flour. Spread the puff pastry slices and roll them with the rolling pin into 6 “x 6” slices.
- Stuffed apples: Place a stuffed apple in the center of each slice. Put butter on top of the apples. Moisten the edges of the puff pastry with water. Fold the dough points towards each other and fold the puff pastry close around the apple in a nice ball shape. Brush the egg all around with the remaining egg. Sprinkle the stuffed apple loosely with sugar
- In the oven: Place the apple balls on baking paper in the center of the oven. Let them bake golden brown in about 25 minutes. Take them out of the oven and let them cool on a wire rack.
- To serve: Serve the apple balls lukewarm or cold.
Calories per bulb
- 535 kilocalories
- 8 grams of protein
- 35 grams of fat
- 49 grams of carbohydrates