Ideas for a fun evening of gourmet
Gourmetting is the favorite activity of many Dutch families. Especially during special days such as Christmas or New Years Eve. If you want to make such an evening even more special, try the following dishes and sauces.
Before you start with the preparations, some advice:
- Calculate 5 or 6 dishes per person and divide the ingredients per dish on a scale.
- Place a coaster for the pans with each plate, so that everyone can easily put their pan next to the plate.
- Make sure you have a good variation between meat, fish and vegetarian ingredients.
- Keep kitchen paper handy to clean the greasy pans in between and put down a trash can to put in the kitchen roll. That way you don’t have to get up all the time.
- Is your table getting too full? Then provide side tables on which you can, for example, set up the cold dishes such as salads, bread, etc.
Here are some ideas for gourmet dishes. The recipes are for 6 to 8 persons / portions.
Cut 250 grams of steak into strips of 1 centimeter thickness. Marinate the strips for 15 minutes in a marinade of:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or ketjap manis (salt or sweet)
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 finely chopped red pepper without seeds
Also prepare a bowl of finely chopped spring onions. Fry the marinated steaks in your pan with a little oil and sprinkle the spring onions on top.
Cut a tomato into slices and cut these slices in half. Sprinkle some salt over the slices or basil herbs. Take a skewer or skewer and thread here alternately a piece / slice or ball of mozzarella and then a slice of tomato. Fry the skewers briefly in the pan with little oil. Also a nice combination is to replace the tomato with a piece of salmon. Make sure that the salmon is not baked for too long.
Fish skewers with raw ham
Cut 250 grams of (defrosted) cod, pollock or salmon into cubes. Drizzle them with lemon juice and then sprinkle with paprika. Cut a spring onions into 1 centimeter pieces. Sprinkle these also over the pieces of fish. Roll the pieces of fish with the spring onions in a slice of raw ham and thread them on small skewers. Fry the skewers all around light brown in your pan.
Bananas and bacon
Did you know that banana combines very well with salty ingredients? Cut 2 peeled ripe bananas into 8 pieces. Wrap each piece in a slice of bacon or bacon. If necessary, thread them on a skewer or skewer so that the bacon or bacon stays around the banana. Fry the wrapped banana all around light brown in your gourmet pan.
Tasty gourmet dishes naturally also include tasty sauces.
Mix with 150 ml yoghurt or sour cream:
- 1 tablespoon of coarse mustard
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh dill
This sauce goes well with fish dishes.
Orange curry sauce
Mix the juice and zest of 1 orange together with 1 tablespoon of chopped ginger chips (in syrup) with 6 tablespoons of curry sauce and 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise. This sauce is suitable for meat dishes.
Mix the following ingredients with 5 tablespoons of mayonnaise:
- 1 chopped red pepper (without the seeds)
- 1 chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
This sauce goes well with meat dishes