Many people now know that Italians love to eat. The Italian kitchen is already fully integrated in our society and is therefore indispensable. You can do a lot with traditional Italian ingredients. Likewise lunch. Delicious ciabatta sandwiches topped in an Italian way.
Ingredients for 4 sandwiches:
- 4 ciabatta sandwiches
- 1 scoop of mozzarella
- 4 slices of salami
- 1 tomato
- Italian spices
- Parmesan cheese
Ingredients for the pesto:
- A bunch of fresh basil
- 1 or 2 clove (s) of garlic
- 3 generous tablespoons of pine nuts
- 80 ?? 100 grams of Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Mixer and mortar
Preparation method of sandwiches:
- Set the oven to 200 degrees and let the ciabatta rolls, cut up, preheat for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove them from the oven and leave the oven on.
- Cover the insides of the ciabatta rolls with a generous layer of pesto (this is to taste) and place 1 slice of salami on the inside of the bottom.
- Cut the mozzarella and the tomato into thin slices and place a piece of tomato on the salami, then place 1 or 2 slices of mozzarella on the tomato. Mozzarella is also available pre-cut, if you prefer it is nice to place a large slice over the entire sandwich.
- Then put the rolls open in the oven and let them warm for five to ten minutes. The buns should turn brown and the cheese should be melted.
- Remove the rolls from the oven, sprinkle with some Italian herbs and remaining Parmesan cheese and close the rolls.
Tip: serve the sandwiches with arugula and tomato
Preparation method pesto
- Take a good handful of basil and crush it in a mortar, put it in a bowl. Crush the garlic, cut it into pieces and add to the basil.
- Add the pine nuts and grated Parmesan cheese, with a tablespoon of olive oil. You can add some spinach to this (but this is what you like yourself).
- Chop the ingredients together with a mixer or food processor into a shiny paste and your pesto is ready.
Tip: if you have leftover pesto, don’t throw it away. You can use it again within a few days if you keep it covered in the refrigerator. The pesto can also be frozen.