Kladdkaka or traditional Swedish chocolate kliederkoek
The chocoholics among us will certainly appreciate this cake, “chocolate mud cake” is a great way to describe this cake, the more literal translation is “kliederkoek” and that is also true given the viscous and sticky character of the inside of this cake . It is a traditional Swedish dish that goes well with the cold and dark winter months, as chocolate always has a heart-warming effect due to the stimulating substances contained in the cocoa. No wonder that chocolate is addictive and it is not the first chocolate cake that we include in this recipe series but, my goodness, this is delicious!
Crispy outside, almost liquid inside
A well-done Kladdkaka has a crunchy, even somewhat crispy outside, but is still almost liquid on the inside and the chocolate flavor is overwhelmingly delicious thanks to the use of pure cocoa, a taste sensation that is mouth-watering.
The Kladdkaka is also very easy to make with ingredients that you almost always have at home, so when you get an unexpected visitor, you can quickly put something special on the table. Moreover, the Kladdkaka is delicate and chic enough to serve with an afternoon tea, especially when garnished with cranberry compote and a good dollop of whipped cream.
Ingredients for the cake:
- 250 grams of granulated sugar
- 120 grams of melted butter
- 60 grams of flour
- 25 grams of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Preparation of the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 150 ° Celsius and grease a 20 cm diameter cake tin with butter,
- sieve the flour over a mixing bowl, then sieve the cocoa powder over the same bowl and set it aside for a while,
- put the sugar in another bowl and stir in the eggs until well blended,
- add the flour cocoa mixture and a pinch of salt and stir briefly until everything is mixed,
- Meanwhile melt the butter and add it, also add the vanilla extract,
- when everything is mixed together, put the batter in the mold and bake for 35 minutes at 150 ° Celsius,
- let the cake cool in the tin for at least an hour.
Serve the cake warm or put it in the fridge and serve it cold, which is also very tasty, always add whipped cream!