Recipe for mini apple turnovers, pear turnovers and apple pie
Delicious mini apple turnovers for young and old. Apple turnovers are well known and fun to make. The mini apple turnovers are even more fun. Easy and fun for children’s parties, treats or at home. Due to the simple preparation method, it is also fun to make these mini apple turnovers with children at parties, at home or at school. This recipe is suitable for 20 mini apple turnovers. This article also contains the recipe for a variation on the mini apple turnovers, namely the pear apple turnovers. The recipe for a mini apple pie is also included in this article. One thing is for sure, it will be delicious!
Mini apple turnovers
Everyone knows them, the triangular apple turnovers with pieces of sugar on the top. The inside consists of a delicious mixture of apple pieces with cinnamon and sugar. This often also contains raisins and currants, but it is just what you like yourself. Butter is often used at the bakery. This gives a little more flavor, but contains more calories. To get as close as possible to those yummy bakery apple turnovers, you can add a little lemon zest to the apple mixture or a little rum flavor. Due to the strong aroma, the use of a few drops is sufficient.
Preferably you can use Golden Delicious or Goudreinet apples. Golden Delicious are apples that are available all year round. The use of Goudreinet is even better, because this apple has a higher acidity and has a strong structure. The flavors are better preserved this way.
- 10 slices of puff pastry
- 3 large apples (preferably Golden Delicious or Goudreinet)
- 50 gr raisins
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 30 g sugar
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven. Electric oven at 225 degrees, convection oven at 210 degrees and the gas oven at setting 5-6.
- Defrost the puff pastry slices. This is best done by separating the 10 slices and not putting them on top of each other. This means that there is a chance that they will stick together. Cut the slices into 2 halves diagonally before they are completely thawed. This creates two triangles, as it were.
- Peel the apples and make sure there are no more cores in them. Then you can cut the apples into very small cubes.
- Place the cubes in a bowl with the sugar and cinnamon. Stir these gently without crushing the apple.
- Grab a spoon and place the mixture on one half of the puff pastry triangle. Take the point where the mixture is not and fold it to the other point. This creates a smaller triangle again. Make sure that the edges fit together well and press it with your fingers.
- Mix the egg in a mug and use a brush or your fingers to spread the egg over the apple turnovers. Now you can add a little sugar and if you want, sprinkle cinnamon over it.
- Place the mini apple turnovers on a baking tray and bake them for about 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
Variation recipe 2
A delicious variation on the mini apple turnovers are the mini pear turnovers. This recipe is prepared in the same way as the recipe for the mini apple turnovers. Instead of raisins, however, use 2 teaspoons of honey, instead of 3 apples, use 3 pears, and as the last, you can sprinkle caramel pieces instead of just sugar on the mini pear flaps.
Mini apple pie
A nice variation on the normal apple pie. This recipe is also great for treats. The recipe is as follows:
- Baking flour – 200 grams
- Sugar – 200 grams
- Butter – 160 grams
- Apples – about 1 kilo
- Eggs – 2
- Raisins or currants
- Baking pan the size of a muffin
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees.
- Knead the flour, sugar, butter and one of the eggs into a good dough. Then peel the apple into small pieces and add the raisins, some sugar and the cinnamon through it. Grease the muffin tins with butter and add the dough. Then add some of the apple mixture. Make thin strips of dough and place them crosswise over the apple pie. Then spread some more egg over the top and sprinkle some sugar on top.
- Now they are ready to go into the oven. They can go in for 40 minutes. This process can be done more often at the same time for several mini apple tarts. It is useful if you have a baking pan with all muffin cut-outs, that way the pastries are the best.