Recipe: Super tender spare ribs with fresh fries and coleslaw
After years of experimenting, here is the recipe for the tastiest spare ribs that are so tender that the meat almost falls off the bone. Combine the ribs with fresh fries and a fresh coleslaw.
On to the butcher
- Unmarinated spare ribs, count on 750 grams per person, this recipe is based on 2 people so 1.5 kg spare ribs, try to get about 4 pieces of about 7 or 8 bones that have the length of a 6 liter pan.
Then just to the toko
- Indonesian soy sauce manis (this is a bit thicker)
- chili sauce
- 8 Onions
- 1 bulb of garlic
- Vegetable / garden herbs broth for 4 liters of water, so 8 cubes
- Teaspoon of juniper berries
- 3 Callus spoons Yogonaise
- 1 teaspoon of coarse mustard
- 1 teaspoon of white vinegar
- 4 Large potatoes
- Take a pan of approximately 6 liters and fill it with 4 liters of water.
- Put this on the fire and dissolve the boullion cubes.
- Meanwhile, chop the onions coarsely.
- Peel and halve the cloves of garlic.
- Add all this to the broth and let it steep for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the coleslaw.
- After 30 minutes, add the spare ribs and juniper berries and set a timer for 75 minutes.
- Now it is time to make the marinade. Mix the ketjab with the chili sauce, to taste, spicy or sweet.
- If the spare ribs are baked off immediately after cooking, the fresh fries can be cut and pre-fried.
- After 75 minutes you will perform the “bend test”.
- Carefully take out 1 rib and watch it shake it up and down, if they are very flexible and the meat tears then they are good.
- It may be that the spare ribs need another 15 minutes.
- (For more people, you can just add spare ribs again or replace the juniper berries.)
Now the choice, immediately bake in the oven or on the BBQ, but a few hours later, or bake the next day is also possible. If they are prepared later, the advantage is that the marinade is absorbed well, spread the marinade on it and bake the spare ribs in the oven for 5 minutes at 200 degrees on the BBQ on each side, but that depends on the temperature, so good watch out because the ketjab burns quickly.
- Honey and / or tomato ketchup can also be added for a sweeter sauce.
- Another variant, make more marinade and use it as a sauce, heat it up in a pan and cut your spare ribs into a few pieces, add them in the hot sauce and let them heat up for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Peel the potatoes and cut fries from this, fry the fries in small portions in the deep fryer at 165 degrees until the fries are slightly discolored.
- Place the fries in a bowl with sturdy kitchen paper in it and let the fries cool down.
- Then bake at 180 degrees so that they are golden brown.
- Make thin strips of the white cabbage.
- Mix the yogonnaise with the mustard and vinegar.
- Put everything together in a large bowl and put it in the fridge.
- Serve cold.
And for now, enjoy your meal.