Shrimp cocktails as a spoon snack
Spoon snacks are the new trend at parties, receptions and the like. You don’t have to be a master chef to prepare them.
Everyone likes them. Everyone loves it. Hereby three recipes that as spoon snacks can serve. Do you want your cocktail sauce not from a pot but make it yourself, you do this in the following way:
- 2 dl mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of tomato ketchup
- 1 pinch of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of whiskey or brandy
- As needed: 1 tablespoon of water
Mix all ingredients well. If you think the sauce is too thick, you can add a little water.
Preparation time: about 5 minutes.
Shrimp cocktail with tomato
Ingredients for 12 people
- 6 tablespoons of cocktail sauce
- 2 tablespoons of whipped cream, not beaten
- ½ tablespoon of lemon juice
- 150 grams of gray shrimps
- 12 leaves of lettuce
- 1 tomato
- 12 tufts of dill or mint
- Keep 12 tablespoons /amuse spoons or glasses ready.
- Wash, drain and pat the shrimp dry.
- Pick the lettuce, wash the leaves and whisk them dry.
- Mix the cocktail sauce with the whipped cream and lemon juice.
- Wash the tomato, cut it in half, remove the seeds, cut into small cubes.
- Place a leaf of lettuce on each spoon. Divide the shrimps over the spoons. Spoon a little sauce on each spoon.
- Decorate with the diced tomatoes and a dash of dill or mint.
Preparation time: about 10 minutes.
Shrimp cocktail with red grapefruit and pineapple
For this recipe we have ??yogonnaise?? required. You can make this yourself by mixing the mayonnaise with an equal amount yogurt. You can possibly sweeten it here lemon juice to add.
Ingredients for 20 people
- 300 grams of gray shrimp
- 2 lemons
- 1 red grapefruit
- 2 slices of fresh pineapple
- 5 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons of yogonnaise
- 6 tablespoons of tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons of whiskey or sherry
- ½ teaspoon of dried dill tips
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 20 tablespoons or appetizer spoons and glasses
- Wash the shrimp and pat dry with kitchen roll paper.
- Cut the pineapple into small pieces.
- Peel the grapefruit up to the pulp and collect the juice.
- Carefully cut the grapefruit pieces out between the skins and cut them into small pieces about the same size as the pineapple.
- If you are working with glasses: wash the lemons. Cut 5 large slices about ½ cm thick. Cut these slices into quarters. Make a notch in each part so that you can slide it on the edge of the glasses without any problem.
- Squeeze the half lemon.
- Make a cocktail sauce by thoroughly mixing the mayonnaise, yogurt, ketchup, whiskey, paprika and dill.
- In a bowl, mix the shrimps, pineapple and grapefruit together. Slowly add the cocktail sauce so that you get a nice shrimp cocktail.
- Add the lemon juice and the collected grapefruit juice to taste.
- Divide the cocktail over the amuse glasses, place the spoons in it and slide a piece of lemon on the rim of each glass.
If you do this with appetizer spoons, first place a leaf of lettuce or a strip iceberg lettuce and drape the shrimp cocktail on top. Add a small slice of lemon for decoration.
Preparation time: 15 minutes.
Shrimp with grapefruit
Ingredients for 8 people
- 2 grapefruit, white or red
- 1 tablespoon of ketchup
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of sherry
- 100 grams of gray shrimps
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh parsley
- 8 glasses or tablespoons or appetizer spoons
- Carefully cut the wedges out of the fruit between the peelings of the grapefruit.
- Wash the shrimp and drain. Mix the ketchup, mayonnaise and sherry with the shrimps, season with salt and pepper and divide between 8 glasses or amuse spoons.
- Place the grapefruit wedges on top. Sprinkle with some parsley.
Preparation time: 15 minutes.