Vegetarian pumpkin wok dish
A stir-fry dish is ready quickly, is healthy and delicious. A wok pan is also very convenient to use. It ensures that the dish retains its fresh colors, flavors, vitamins and other nutrients.
Stir-frying, also called wok, is an easy cooking technique with which you can prepare many dishes. A wok pan cooks the food with its high edges and hollow bottom. By scooping the food during cooking, the fresh colors, flavors, vitamins and other nutrients are also preserved. It is also economical to cook with a wok pan. Your food is ready quickly and you don’t need a lot of fat or oil. In principle, stir-fries contain little fat and fewer calories and cholesterol than other dishes.
How do you wok?
Cut all ingredients into roughly equal pieces beforehand. This shortens the cooking time and makes the dish appear tastier. Then put the wok on a high heat and wait until the pan starts to smoke. To prevent sticking, the wok must remain constantly hot. Use a drizzle of oil or butter to cook the food, stirring everything over and over. This can be done with a large spoon or a spatula. Due to the heat of the wok, it does not take too long before all products are cooked.
How should you clean the wok?
After use, you must clean the wok well. Wash it in clean water without detergent. Dry the wok, and then put it on a low heat for just a moment. This prevents the wok from rusting.
Vegetarian pumpkin wok dish (for two persons)
- ½ red pepper
- ½ yellow pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 150 g pumpkin
- 150 g soy sprouts
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 10 ml soy sauce
- 150g quorn
- 4 sage leaves
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 dl vegetable stock
- 2 dl cream
- 80 g stir-fry noodles
- 50 g butter
- Put the water containing the vegetable stock cube on the fire.
- Cut the onion into rings and dice the carrot, bell pepper, pumpkin and quorn. Squeeze the garlic through the garlic press.
- Leave 1.5 dl vegetable stock on a low heat.
- Then melt the butter and add the onion and garlic.
- Add the quorn, pumpkin cubes and soy sauce and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Then add the bell pepper and the carrot and stir fry for another 3 minutes.
- Then pour 2 dl vegetable stock over the whole and bring it to the boil with the bay leaves, the sage and pepper and salt.
- In the meantime, add the stir-fry noodles to the remaining vegetable stock and stir until the stock is absorbed.
- After about 10 minutes, add the tomato puree, soy sprouts and cream to the vegetable mixture and let it simmer for another ten minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the stir-fry noodles about two minutes before all the time.
- Serve immediately.
- The quorn can be replaced with meat or chicken.
- Do not use butter but oil.
- Omit the tomato paste and cream to use more vegetables.
- Add extra spices.
- Add more vegetables or more pumpkin.
- Replace vegetable stock with meat stock
- This dish costs about 7 euros for 2 people.
- The preparation time is 65 minutes.