The way in which we learn English has undergone a rapid transformation in the past 2 years. This shift has remained in the form, the cost, and the quality of learning.
On the other hand, 3 years ago, students in general had a tendency to go to traditional offline classes at major English centers. With this first-generation form of learning, students will face various barriers as follows:
- The first barrier is the fixed class schedule. Though this is quite normal for students, for learners who are working, it is a relatively large barrier. Working learners are quite busy and so find it difficult to attend a fixed English course.
- The second obstacle is transportation. Traditional classes are usually held at a fixed location and so many students have to spend a lot of time traveling to attend classes, which brings unexpected risks while traveling.
- The third barrier is the high expense. Tuition fees for on-site classes are often high, which restricts many students’ potential to attend English classes.
- The last problem is the quality of foreign teachers. Most of the foreign teachers are tourists or immigrants to Thailand. Therefore, not all of them have certificates, degrees and properly-qualified teaching skills. Although this aspect is being improved in many English centers, it still remains a difficult problem to solve.
However, during the past 2 years, with the increasing omnipresence of the Internet, especially the explosion of social networks and video calling platforms, offline English classes have been quickly transformed into new ones: online classes. This second-generation English class format has brought students more comfort:
- The first benefit is flexibility. Students are able to easily find a class and schedule an online meeting with a suitable time frame.
- Another advantage is the new feature of being time- and money-saving. Students no longer have to waste time commuting to classes and beginning to have a more reasonable tuition fee.
Nevertheless, many barriers to students learning online English classes still exist, as listed below:
- Third-party video calling platforms are unstable and usually provide low-quality classes.
- Though the course fee is cheaper in comparison to offline classes, it is the large size of online classes that do not really help students improve their performance.
- The fact that students still have to register for a fixed schedule within a concrete time frame still remains a barrier for working students.
- Most online teachers are still foreigners with limited teaching skills.
Fortunately, up to now, owing to the skyrocketing development of Digital Technology, English learning applications which are gaining popularity among English learners have supported students in overcoming all above-mentioned barriers and learning English more easily with the best quality. Typical of this third-generation English class format is the BITU application. Taking advantage of the typical features of an online application, BITU – one of the first-class English learning applications – allows students to access learning via electronic devices such as phones and tablets with the top quality and easiest access to learning English, as illustrated below:
- First, BITU can allow learners to learn English comfortably, with freedom of time and space. English learners can actively arrange their learning time frame based on their personal schedule. They will be then immediately connected to teachers to kick-start their learning.
- The second outstanding feature is associated with BITU’s professional groups of foreign teachers, academic specialists and application development specialists. With the active support of this professional functional team, learners are able to quickly access a group of professional teachers with fully-shown relevant degrees, great expertise and rich teaching experiences and a source of appealing one-to-one courses with a high quality and at a reasonable cost. It is undeniable that technology has allowed us to save a large range of expenses.
- Above all, BITU not only offers one-to-one courses but it also comes with advanced utilities to increase service quality. Exclusive features are integrated in learning to assist learners in practicing listening and learning vocabulary right on the application. Moreover, an added section of the personal profile with detailed information about the level and the learning process of users will help students easily monitor their learning performance.
As a pioneer in applying Digital Technology to learning English, BITU is making English easier to learn than ever for all students.
Technology and digital transformation are opening wide doors of opportunities to everyone. Quickly grasp and cultivate knowledge so that you can maximize your potential to succeed in your career!
You can learn more about the third-generation English learning application here: Bitu Thailand – English Speaking App