Chicken prepared in an Indonesian and Mediterranean way
This is your chance to make a big impression with 2 delicious chicken dishes, which are also very easy to make. These dishes are super healthy and low in calories. Ideal if you are on a diet and still want to eat well. Children will also love this dish, because of the particularly soft flavors they can easily empty their plate and get the necessary vitamins and minerals.
Beneficial and beneficial ingredients
- In addition to being tasty, broccoli contains a lot of fiber and minerals and it also contains many vitamins such as C, A and E.
- Coconut oil is a fine oil for cooking and has a soft taste, it is full of fiber and is good for our bowel movements. In addition, coconut contains a lot of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- Curry powder contains Curcuma and curcuma is known as a means that prevents many diseases.
- Ginger promotes blood circulation and has a disinfecting effect.
- Bell pepper adds color to your dish and is a source of fiber and vitamin C.
- Lemongrass lowers blood pressure, is anti-inflammatory and has fungicidal properties.
- Lemon is an important source of vitamin C.
- Rosemary is a delicious seasoning and antioxidant
- Tomatoes are packed with different vitamins such as A, C, B1, B2 and B6
Indonesian chicken fillet with broccoli and coconut milk
- 400 grams of chicken breast cut into cubes (vegetarians can omit the chicken or replace it with tofu)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- a few stalks of fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of lemongrass
- 150 ml of water
- 1 onion cut into pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic in pieces
- 500 grams of broccoli cut into florets
- 1 red or green bell pepper cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon chili peppers dried or fresh (if you cook for children, you can omit the peppers)
- 400 grams of rice
- few tablespoons of olive or coconut oil
Please proceed as follows
Bring 0.8 liters of water together with the 400 grams of rice and bring to the boil over a high heat, add a little salt to flavor the rice. Let this cook for a few minutes (+/- 3) on a high setting. Then lower the heat to the lowest setting and let it cook for +/- 10 minutes until the rice is cooked with the lid on. Turn off the heat and let it rest for 10 minutes with the lid on.
Meanwhile, fry the chicken breasts over medium heat until almost golden brown in coconut oil or olive oil. Fry the onion and garlic at the end. When the whole has a nice golden color, pour 150 ml of water, bring it to the boil and sprinkle with the herbs (curry powder, coriander powder, ginger powder, lemongrass and chili peppers). Stir this for a few minutes, then add the broccoli florets and bell pepper pieces. Finally, pour in the coconut milk and a pinch of salt. Put the heat on the lowest setting and let it simmer for 15 minutes with a lid on.
Serve this together with the rice and sprinkle the fresh cilantro over it as a finishing touch. Some prawn crackers add the finishing touch to the dish. You could use fresh spinach or zucchini as an alternative to broccoli.
Chicken with vegetables and rosemary from the oven
Another way to prepare chicken is in the oven, as is very common around the Mediterranean. In this delicious and simple dish you can let your imagination run wild about vegetables that you put in it, in fact, almost all vegetables go together with this dish. This dish is nutritious, low in calories and full of fiber and vitamins.
Recipe for 4 people:
- 400 grams of chicken breast cut into large pieces or chicken legs
- Cut 4 or 5 sprigs of fresh rosemary into pieces
- 1 large onion cut into rings
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled into pieces
- 2 peeled tomatoes in pieces
- good dash of olive oil
- small potatoes or potatoes cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon ras el hanout (Moroccan spice mix)
- a pinch of sea salt
- few sprigs of parsley cut into small pieces
- 100 ml of water
- 1/2 chicken stock cube
- 1 lemon in 4 parts
- 500 grams cut beans or snow peas cut into pieces
- Oven dish with lid or aluminum foil paper to cover
Please proceed as follows
Heat the oven to 200 degrees. Coat the baking dish with the olive oil and place the chicken in it. Add the onions, the garlic, the tomato pieces, the beans and the potatoes. Place the lemon and rosemary pieces in the oven dish, spread over the whole. Make a mix of ras el hanout, parsley, chicken stock, pepper, sea salt and 100 ml water in a small bowl and pour this into the oven dish. Make sure that the herbs are evenly distributed over all pieces of chicken and vegetables. Put the lid on the baking dish or cover the dish with aluminum foil paper. After 60 minutes, take your dish out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. The dish is now ready to be served.
Enjoy your meal.