Meal chicken soup
Are you a bit of the flu or do you have a cold? Then this meal soup is a real boost. But even if you are not sick, this is a delicious soup to enjoy culinary!
Ingredients for +/- 10 people
- 1 soup chicken
- 2 stalks of leek
- 3 white onions
- 8 chicken stock tablets
- 5 bay leaves
- 5 cloves
- Green herb mix or Provencal herbs
- 1 spice bag for chicken soup
- Freshly ground pepper
- Big handful of curly vermicelli
- Handful of letter vermicelli
- Slice butter (+/- 50 grams)
- High stainless steel soup kettle
- Wooden spoon
- Vegetable cutting board
- Meat cutting board
- Meat cleaver
- Paring knife
- Tasting spoon
Wash the leek stems and cut them into pieces. Then put the leek in a container. Wash the onions and cut them into pieces. Put the soup kettle on the fire and put the butter in the kettle. Let the butter melt but don’t turn brown! Put the onions in the cauldron and braise them until they are golden and translucent.
Add the soup chicken with 4 liters of cold water. Then sprinkle the bay leaves, cloves, 1 level dessert spoon of Rosemary and 1 level tablespoon of green herbs or Provencal herbs into the soup. Put the herb bag in it, bring it to the boil and then let everything simmer on a small fire with the lid on the pan for +/- an hour and a half. From time to time, scoop the foam off and stir the soup regularly with a wooden spoon.
Then remove the chicken from the kettle, remove the bones and cut the chicken into small pieces. Return the sliced chicken to the soup and add the 8 bouillon tablets. Then let it simmer for 5 minutes on a small fire. Tip: Taste if the soup has enough flavor. Then add the leek, curly vermicelli and letter vermicelli. Then let it simmer for another 10 minutes. Remove the spice bag and bay leaves from the soup and season the soup with a pinch of freshly ground pepper. Serve the soup in deep plates and add some freshly chopped parsley as garnish.
Delicious with freshly baked baguette. The soup can be easily frozen in plastic containers. Do you have any leftover chicken? Then these can possibly be used to make a chicken cocktail.
Interesting facts about chicken soup
- Chicken soup is a good source of protein
- Chicken soup fits in the “Low Carb Diet”, provided the vermicelli and baguette are omitted
- Chicken soup appears to have a positive effect on the mobility of the white blood cells
- Chicken broth contains a substance related to acetylcysteine. Acetylcysteine is a mucus thinner used to thin tough mucus in the airways
- Chicken soup is said to have anti-inflammatory properties