Potato salad and chicken, melon and ham salad
Two tasty recipes that are easy to prepare. These dishes do not take too much time and do not require many ingredients. Handy and tasty, even in warm weather. Preparations can also be carried out the previous day, so that the food can be served quickly.
Potato salad with grill sausage
Ingredients for 4 people
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 small can of peas
- 1 small jar of green beans
- 1 grill sausage
- 1 dash of vinegar to taste
- pepper and salt to taste
- a few drops of maggi
- 4 eggs
- 1 large onion
For the mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 300 g low-fat cottage cheese
- mustard to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 hard-boiled egg yolks
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into pieces. Boil them for about 15-20 minutes in water with added salt. Then drain the potatoes and keep them aside.
- Drain the peas and green beans in a colander.
- Cut the grill sausage into cubes or slices.
- Peel the onion and cut into rings. Fry the onion rings until they are a nice golden brown color.
- Then make the mayonnaise: mix all the ingredients for the mayonnaise in a food processor. Or mix the whole thing manually with a whisk.
- Mix the potatoes, vegetables and grill sausage and season with a dash of vinegar, maggi, salt and pepper.
- Add some mayonnaise to taste and mix well.
- Serve the whole with half a boiled egg on each plate and garnish the egg with some mayonnaise.
- Instead of grill sausage, you can also mix salmon or tuna into the potato salad.
- Instead of mayonnaise you can also choose salad dressing or semi-vinegar.
- Do not use potato that is floury or boils down.
If necessary, the potatoes and eggs can be cooked a day in advance, so that the dish is ready quickly. The preparation method is also easy. It is an ideal recipe for warm days because of its fresh taste.
Chicken, melon and ham salad
Ingredients for 4 people
- 2 chicken fillets
- 1oo g of ham cut into strips
- 150 ml chicken stock
- juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1 small to medium sweet honeydew melon
- some lettuce leaves
- Cook the chicken breasts in the chicken stock (about 15-20 minutes). Wait for the chicken to cool and cut it into pieces.
- Mix the lemon juice, olive oil and salt and mix the chicken with this dressing.
- Clean the melon and cut it into cubes. Taste if the melon is sweet enough, add some sugar if necessary.
- Then mix the melon with the chicken and the dressing.
- Divide the lettuce leaves among 4 plates. Top with the melon and chicken mixture with dressing.
- Garnish with the strips of ham.
Can be served with rice, potatoes or pasta. If necessary, the preparation can be started the previous day so that this dish is also ready quickly. The chicken breast and potatoes can be cooked earlier.